Filter within search results

I might already have asked for this but I don’t spot it.

I use “favorite” - the “heart” thing, to keep track of what songs are in my playlists, i.e. my favorite songs.
When I search, say for all songs with “chelsea” in them, I want to be able to see which of them are my favorites. There doesn’t seem to be a way to do that.
Lacking that, I’d like to filter the results of a search to show only the favorites. There doesn’t seem to be a way to do that.

• I can go to track view, press the “heart” filter, then save that as a bookmark. But when I go to search and then try to apply that bookmark, it brings me back to track view rather than filtering the current search results.

Any thoughts on how I could see or filter by favorites when I search? If it can’t be done I’m surprised more people aren’t asking for this feature!

Hi @Peter_Galvin1,

This should be possible for you from the Track Browser. If you first select the Heart button to show your favorites, and then filter track name by “Chelsea”, this should provide the results you want.

See my example below. I don’t have any “Chelsea” tracks, so I used “Shine” as the example:

Sure. But that assumes I know I have matching tracks. I use tidal as well, so for example could search for some artist that I might or might not have in my library. So I use the search feature.
Then I see the results but can’t figure out a way to then show if any of them are my favorites…

Hi @Peter_Galvin1,

Thanks for clarifying here!

At this time it is not possible to filter the search results in such a way. Since this appears to be “working as designed” I would recommend also posting your suggestion in the 'feature request" section of the site.

Our product team and developers keep a close eye on that category, so that’s definitely the best place to propose a change like this and get feedback from the Community.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.