Find Server But No Logging On

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows Server 2012 R2. Roon Server x64 latest build.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ubiquiti Router. All Roon Server and two remotes on ethernet. Phones on WiFi.

Description Of Issue

Roon was working fine. For an unknown reason… All remotes find the Server but keep trying to log on. It is just a white screen with the Roon logo. I uninstalled Roon from all devices and then reinstalled with no success. I also disabled the firewall on the server. The logs can be downloaded here: https://adlerventures-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/eric_adlers_us/EWRNvgCxXBxBu-MmGAguQmYBZTsmkqtSqXBVdBEzxBmd9A?e=mD5gkK

Hi @Eric_Adler,

Thanks for reaching out.

Can you confirm how you reinstalled Roon? Have you also set the old database aside? I would perform these steps on both your Roon Core and your Roon Clients (if using PC):

On the Core:

• Exit out of RoonServer
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “RoonServer”
  • Rename the “RoonServer” folder to “RoonServer_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the RoonServer App to generate a new RoonServer database

On any Roon PC Clients:

• Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Restart/Reinstall the Roon App to generate a new Roon folder

I tried those steps again and it didnt work.

Hi @Eric_Adler,

Can you please try using the 32 bit version of Roon to see if that changes anything?

Also, do you mind sending me your Roon Client logs? They are in a similar folder as the RoonServer logs except the folder is %localappdata%/Roon/Logs instead of %localappdata%/RoonServer/Logs.

Sorry. Turned out to be unrelated to Roon. All fixed now.

1 Like

Hi @Eric_Adler,

Glad to hear that the issue is fixed! If you want to share the root cause of this behavior, maybe it will help other users who experience the same behavior, so if you’re willing to let me know, please do so!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.