Finding an artist

Hi,

Just had a problem finding the latest release from Thurston Moore. Writing his name inte the Search field yields the typical short bio of him and one Sonic Youth album I have in my Library but no solo albums. The same result for other Sonic Youth members. When I search for the latest Thurston Moore solo album by name it appears with Thrurston Moores name underneath. By clicking his name here, a full list of his solo albums appear. There seems to be a glitch here; it shouldn’t be this hard.

Please sort this out.

Best regards

Hans

Hello @Hans_Wikse,

Do you have this album saved to your local files or are you trying to locate it on TIDAL / Qobuz?
What is the name of the album you’re having issues finding and what is it’s release date?

I am trying to locate it on Tidal.

When I search for ’Sonic Youth’ and then select ’Sonic Youth’ among artist I get a bio of the band, below this some key facts, then an album I have in ’Library’, below this again a Tidal section with all their albums and then singles and ep’s.

When I search for ’Thurston Moore’, select him among the artists I get a short bio, below this tthree headings of which Library is preselected. Below this again there is the same Sonic Youth album I have in my Library, but no Tidal section with his solo albums. Next to the ’Library’ heading is a ’Tidal’ heading followed by (309). Selecting this produces a long list of everything Thurston Moore has contributed to.

Hans

Hello @Hans_Wikse,

Can you please share a few screenshots of exactly what you’re seeing here? Screenshots will help us understand this issue better, thanks!

Hi,

When I search for ’Sonic Youth’ this pops up:

Selecting ’Sonic Youth’ under the ’Artitsts’ heading leads to this:

All good and well, all their main albums are listed.

To be continued…

Hans

Searching for ’Thurston Moore’ yields this:

Selecting ’Thurston Moore’ under the ’Artitsts’ heading results in this:

No main album, section. Selecting ’Tidal (312)’ provides a long list of tracks contributed to but still no albums.

Hans

If I search for ’By The Fire’, I can select the album fromnthe result and get this on my screen:

Selecting ’Thurston Moore’ under the title, ’By The Fire’ finally provides the results I am looking for:

This also happens with other solo artists who are also band members. It makes it very cumbersome to get the results I am after.

Best regards

Hans

1 Like

Hi @Hans_Wikse,

Thank you for sharing those screenshots, it is appreciated!

I just checked our system and we have an existing ticket regarding this behavior in the development queue, we are aware that you can sometimes get into this state if you have an artist added as only a composer or a performer…

I’ve added your report to the ticket as well, we plan to dedicate some development time to look at this behavior, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.