Finding Pro-ject Stream Box S2 ultra and Pre Box S2 on Nucleus

Core Machine (Operating system/System, Roon Build)
Roon Nucleus

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on Wifi or hardwired)
Pro-ject Stream Box S2 ultra and Pre Box S2
BONN N8

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Primare SPA23 with HDMI

Description Of Issue
I don’t have access to Pro-ject Streaming Box S2 ultra and Pro-ject Pre Box S2 from Roon Nucleus since the software last upgraded. Roon doesn’t discover them now as endpoint (?) on the network. Thy used to appear both with their symbols. What shall I do?

I’ve already rebooted Nucleus, to no efect. I’ve done it either by means of the on-off button and following “settings” - setup - configure, then “Nucleus” then reboot on the red button.

Another problem is finding Nucleus on the network with my tablet. Most of the times rebooting or restarting Roon Server Software helps.

Please help
Regards
Fernando Machado

Hi @Fernando_Machado,

What is your network setup like? Can you please list the model/manufacturer of your router and any additional networking gear?

Can you clarify what your mean by “their symbols”? Perhaps a screenshot would help.

Why is the router relevant? Why isn’t the new update?

I didn’t change any setup. And it was working fine before.

The Nucleus is connected to a Silent Angel Bonn N8, as I have informed.

I have done a reset to the router - the one the TV and network provider installed.

The symbols I mean refer to the pictures pertaining to the Pro-ject units that showed up in Roon App when checking the Signal Path or exhanging sources.

Regards

Fernando Machado

Hi @Fernando_Machado,

Can you share a screenshot of your Roon Settings -> Audio tab?

What is the current IP address of your Streambox? Is it on the same network range (subnet) as the Nucleus?

Apologies, I thought this was an audio device, but looking further it appears to be a switch. Let’s try to bypass this and connect both the Nucelus and the Pro-ject directly to the router. Sometimes switches do fail and I have seen this happen before multiple times.

Thanks for your help. Fortunately everything has come back to normal, as I checked the network cables. It´s strange they were connecting to music content in Roon, but zones were not showing. Mystery…
Thanks for your assistance.

Fernando Machado
Azores - Portugal

1 Like

Glad to hear that the issue went away on it’s own @Fernando_Machado!
Do let us know if you run into any further difficulties.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.