Finding track in Roon based on file location

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac mini (late 2012), MacOS 10.14.5, 128GB SSD for system, 3TB HD for files. No issues with Roon overall.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

dCS Rossini over network/RoonReady

Description Of Issue

I have at least one track I cannot find in Roon, but is there. It is possible it is completely misidentified by Roon but I have no way to know as I cannot ask the question “What is the Roon track for this physical file”. The file shows fine in Audirvana and I can play it without any issues. Moreover the tagging on the file is quite reasonable - as I can see from what Audirvana shows me.

The file in question can be downloaded from here:

[Link removed by Support]

In tracks, add path to the list of columns.

Now filter on the path of your filename.

Does that help?

3 Likes

Well you live, and hopefully, learn.

I never knew that! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @miguelito,

As Brian suggested above, you can use the track browser and filter by path.

Does this track appear in Skipped Files?

1 Like

And I never knew there was an FAQ precisely describing this!

Great tip! And it works to show files in that path - except this file is nowhere to be found. I might remove it and re-add it to see it that helps.

Hi @Dylan,

Something’s amiss… Using the method of filtering by path, I see some of the tracks in that path, but not all. This is especially odd since I have one album that shows in the library, but is NOT showing when I filter for iTunes in the path:

Actually, neither James Brown, Marvin Gaye, nor Rihanna show in the track listing filtered by “iTunes”. The rest shows fine.

My “Skipped Files” list is empty.

Hi @miguelito,

We tried importing the track that you shared and it appeared without issue for us here, so there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with the track itself.

If you navigate to Settings | General and set Show Hidden Tracks and Albums to Yes, is there any change in what you’re seeing in the track browser when filtering by path?

Can you share a screenshot of the filtered Track browser as well?

This allowed the files to show. However, this also meant that I don’t just see the “primary” version - I see all versions, which is a problem as I use TIDAL, Qobuz, and my own library, plus I have many albums in my own library with multiple versions.

What I think is happening is that the Rihanna track is deemed as part of a non-primary album version (which it is). I will try to “ungroup” that track from the various versions.

Ok, so if I set “Show Hidden” to Yes, then go to the Rihanna track and “Unhide” it, and then set “Show Hidden” back to No, the track now shows properly.

Thx @Dylan!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.