Firmware updates for ROCK?

Does Roon updating take care of NUC (7i7BNH) firmware updates issued by INTEL? If not Roon, should I? Or should I leave it be?

No it does not

It’s up to you whether you want to touch something that works.

5 Likes

Well, what prompted the question was an HDMI connection that wasn’t working.

I guess you could boot it on a windows drive tempory and run the Intel update tool?
Or perhaps you can install separate updates from a usb drive if you boot in DOS?

I wound up with the USB updating. Thanks!

[Misread your question (from John_V – APOLOGIES!!!); I ACTUALLY haven’t done any Intel updates, and probably won’t. But my reply still stands, and I would think that an Intel firmware update wouldn’t change things unless you’ve got a somewhat “iffy” ROCK-compatible NUC. But, very good question!!!]

I’ve always updated the OS on my two Roon ROCK NUC streamers. I expect nothing to very little to happen, unless a Roon bridge update occurs, and then I also really expect no changes. But I DO expect them to work after an update, and that expectation has never disappointed me.

I’m thinking if your NUCs are totally compatible with ROCK – or, if you’ve made them so (some aren’t and need little changes), things will proceed copasetic-ally. And, moreover, I guess I’ve got somewhat of a temporary backup if my actual Roon ROCK NUC core fails.