First few seconds of newly selected song skips

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Pro, i7 connected via ethernet cable (GB) running 1.7 (build 537 stable)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

GB ethernet network
Wifi via Unifi Pro Access Point

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

2 Sonos Play 1
1 Sonos Play 3

Description Of Issue

Everything is fine in the main and I am loving Roon. The only is when I initially hit play on a newly selected track or album and the first 1-2 seconds of the song skips about before sorting itself out and playing fine, from then on doesnt seem to be an issue when new tracks that follow play, always seems to be on that first “play” press, any ideas?

Does this happen with every album?

Yeah, just checked, I have a mixture of old mp3s and newer flac stuff that I am working through as I re-encode my CD collection, pretty much happens across the board, its like it starts playing and slides backwards and then continues like its correcting itself.

Might be worth noting that if I just then leave it songs after dont do the same thing, its just when you manually select a new track, subsequent tracks that play in the album or at random dont skip…

Thanks

I’ve been living with this since the first build of V1.7.

Roon support can’t recreate it.

BTW - Others have posted similar problems.

Hi @Chris_Chamberlain,

Does this behavior only occur on the Sonos zones?
Are you able to reproduce it on the Core’s System Output zone?

Hey Noris, the core is running on my server that is out of the way, doesnt have anything connected to it.

However doesnt seem to occur when playing via the desktop output on my main PC, so might be unique to the Sonos…

Ill check on the Denon AVR that uses AirPlay and come back.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: First few seconds of audio skipped on Chord Hugo 2

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.