Connected Audio Devices

Lyngdorf TDAI, NAD M50.2
AQ Vodka Ethernet connections

Number of Tracks in Library

2000 tracks

Description of Issue

When starting a track I miss the first second or part of second of the music
Resync delay is set at o ms

Is this a new issue and did it work before or was it always like that?

Do the two tracks have the same resolution or different ones? If it only happens if the resolution differs, try raising the resync delay.

I would also try testing with Ethernet cables that actually conform to Ethernet standards

And only since a few months with the latest Roon versions. Can’t put a precise date, sorry

Typically the issue arises when starting a new album. Only the first track, No issues with following tracks of same album
Issue arises independently from track resolution. Occurs when skipping to same as well as to other resolution.
Unsure I understand what you mean with standard conformity. I am using Audioquest Audiophile Cat 7 Vodka cables which I must assume comply with the standard.

Thanks, so not related to resolution then. This happens, so is good to rule out.

Did this always happen for you or is it a new issue? (You might not be able to tell if new to Roon, but then at least we know that you can’t confirm that it worked perviously)

I’ve seen technical tear-downs of AQ Ethernet cables showing questionable compliance. Can’t be bothered to look them up. If it was standards-compliant, it would just be an Ethernet cable, no need to be audiophile whatever that’s supposed to mean in am Ethernet cable.

Anyway, even if you had bog standard cables, I would give the same advice: Try other ones just to rule out that there’s something wrong with one of your cables.

1 Like

Definitely agree on the ethernet cable. I’ve read a number of posts from users who’ve resolved problems going from a cat 7 to cat 6. Just a basic cable will do.

Hey @Carlbis,

Ben with the support team following up here. Were you able to test out a different ethernet cable? Are you still running into this issue?

If so, please recreate the issue and share the specific date, time, as well as the name of the track.

I’ll be on standby for your reply. :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.