First time setup on iPhone 12 running iPadOS 14.7.1 to connect with Roon Core on Windows

I am Roon new user. I have installed Roon on Windows 10 and is able to play music on Devialet Phantom on the same subnet. Then I installed “Roon Remote” on my iPhone 12 running ios 14.7.1, when it starts, it tried to connect to Roon core, but keep getting “Connecting…”, “Connecting Failed” messages. The Roon Core I installed is 1.8 (build 831) stable. I checked my iPhone Roon setup, the “Local Network” access is enabled. And I also check Roon Core->settings->Setup->Accept connections from remotes is also turned to “Yes”. Finally, I use network analyzer to check network configuration, and find out my Windows laptop and iPhone 12 are both on the same subnet (192.168.0.x). I don’t know what else I can do to try. Any advice ?

Hey @Weinan_Tseng,

Welcome to our Roon Community! We’re happy to welcome you and apologize that your first visit was to report a snag you’ve experienced in attempting to connect to your Roon Core via one of your remotes.

When this happens on a Windows Core a great place to start is to check your Firewall settings or any additional anti-virus or security software you may be running.

Please take a look at these articles on remote connection and adding firewall exceptions for Roon and let us know if these get you going. :+1:

Thanks a lot. It really helps and it works now. However, I ran into another issue that my Roon remote running on iPad mini 2 crashes about 3-4 times a day especially when it becomes slow and stuck when I scroll the screen. Is there any minimum memory requirement on iPad min 2 ? I am running ios 12.5.5.