Fix for recurring authorization prompt

The Official updated QNAP Roon App is now available in the App Centre.

3 Likes

Hi @crieke, @Scotav,

Everything works fine now. Thank you very much for your help & engagement.

Best
Wolfgang

1 Like

Hi,
When I install the Roon app from App Centre on my QNAP-TVS-471, Roon server won’t start.

If I replace this server app with the latest one from RoonLabs website, all is OK except that I have the recurring authorization prompt.

Is there an issue with the Roon app of the App Center?

Hi, that’s strange! When you say you have the same recurring Authorisation Prompt is this just the once or do you continue to get it each time? My experience was that I updated the App from the RoonLabs website which solved the problem. I then updated when the official certified App was available in the QNAP App Centre which works faultlessly. They should both be the same App.

Can you try updating the App again via the QNAP App Centre and see if it works. You may get the Authorisation prompt once but it shouldn’t happen a second time. It may also be worthwhile rebooting the NAS although it shouldn’t be necessary but worth trying anyway.

Which firmware version is the QNAP running on?

I meant to ask if you are presented with the Unauthorise button after you sign in? This should only be necessay once if given this option.

Thank you for your support.

My QNAP firmware version is the latest: 4.4.3.1354

I just did the following:
-Stop and delete Roon app from QNAP app center
-Reboot the NAS
-Install Roon app from QNAP app center --> Roon server won’t start. Why?
-Replace the server app with the latest one from RoonLabs website --> Roon server starts
-I try to connect to the Roon server (I use the Roon control app on a MacBook Pro) and the system displays the login screen and the Unauthorise button for the “QNAP-TVS-471”.
-Reboot the NAS
-I try to connect to the Roon server and the system displays the login screen and the Unauthorise button for the “QNAP-TVS-471”.

Sorry if this is a stupid question but did you press the Unauthorise button? If you didn’t can you press it, others have done the same and it’s what usually gets you past this problem. No one has lost anything by doing so and it sometimes needs to be carried out before the problem is resolved?

Yes, I pressed it.

@crieke @support any ideas on this one @Didier? I’m running the QNAP TS-473 on firmware version 4.4.2.1320 and everything runs perfectly, Didier is running 4.4.3.1354.

Hi @Didier,
After Installing Roon Server from the App Center, it should start after specifying the database location in the Roon Server web panel.
If this did not happen, I’d be interested to take a look at the log files (which can be obtained in the Roon Server web panel as well. Just click the ambulance icon.)
The authorization should be correctly stored, if the QNAP Roon Server app is dated to 2020-07-19 (or later). Can you check which version is currently installed on your QNAP?
I just checked again with QTS 4.4.3.1354 and could not find any issue.

Kind regards
Chris

1 Like

Hi @crieke,

I have deleted Roon server app from my QNAP and reinstalled it from the App Center and the app won’t start:

How can I send you the log files ?

Best regards,
Didier

Hi @crieke ,
I’m having a similar problem with Synology. My NAS is powered off at midnight and starts in the morning. I have to sign in to Roon every day. I have the latest stable version installed. Is there any fix for that? Thank you!