Flickering on PC remote client

For about the past two weeks my Roon client on my PC has had flickering issues. It only occurs within the Roon window (not the whole screen). It is most common when scrolling or changing screen (for example going from Home to Settings), but it will also occasionally flicker while doing nothing and even when it’s not the active window. I did not have this issue with the first version 1.8 builds, just the latest (it started around the time when I updated to build 764, but also when I updated to the latest NVIDIA driver). I do not have this issue with any other programs on my PC and I have no issues on any of my other remote clients (android and iOS devices). I uninstalled and reinstalled the client, which didn’t resolve the issue. Also, it does happen in both light and dark modes.
I captured video of scrolling around the interface and have uploaded a single frame from the video that shows what the “flicker” looks like:

The core is running on my Synology NAS, where my music library is also located:
Synology DS1019+ (up to date running DSM 6.2.3-25426 update 3)
Roon 1.8 (build 764) stable

The remote client with the issue is:
Windows 10 PC
Roon 1.8 (build 764) stable (64bit)
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 (up to date driver version 461.72)

Both the core and remote are on a wired (1 Gbps) connection to the network

This has already been reported. See:

Roon is currently investigating.

1 Like

Hey @Rugby,

Thanks so much for being so prompt in helping @Alex_Christiansen out.

@Alex_Christiansen, thanks for reporting that you have been impacted about this as well. I am sorry.

Thank you for bearing with us while this gets fixed :pray:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.