Focal Arche and Roon incompatibility

Mac OSX 10.15.3 / MacBook Pro (2020 model) / Roon Version 1.0 (build 186)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Linksys Velop - WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Focal Arche USB
Description Of Issue

I know the Arche is not a Roon-ready product but it’s behaving very strangely with the connection to Roon running out of my MacBook which is simply functioning as an End-Point. I use a Roon Nucleus Plus as my Roon Core, accessed over WiFi. For example, I have a Denafrips Terminator DAC connected by USB to the Nucleus and even though that’s not a Roon-ready device, I have no issues. Roon simply will not play on the Arche or if it does, it freezes after a few minutes. To use the Arche, I have to quit from Roon and use Tidal directly streaming to the Arche over USB.

Any suggestions? And how do I completely remove the Arche from the list of available audio devices - I originally Enabled it but have now Disabled it, it still appears on the device list.

Thank you

Try plugging your MacBook into the network via an ethernet cable and see if the issue continues.

Thanks Daniel. I’ve figured out what the issue is - the Arche simply won’t function under any recent MAC OS. It will work fine with a 2011-era iMac I have running High Sierra but Catalina? Forget about it. Amazing that none of the head-fi crowd have picked up on this - this is my second unit with the same issue. Focal needs to issue a firmware update but so far … radio silence.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.