Focus - differentiating track formats in album view

:wave: Hi. I’s there a way using Focus to highlight albums that are either all MP3 (only), all AAC (only), and a combo where an album has a mix of MP3s and AAC files (that were “matched” in iTunes)?

In the album view, selecting MP3 will show albums that contain at least 1 MP3 track (but listed as “AAC+”) and selecting AAC will show albums that contain at least 1 AAC track. Which is exactly how they should work. But I’m looking for a way to check for exclusivity not inclusivity.

Click on the + to make it a - then it will exclude in searches.

That helps. Thanks. Is there a trick to showing only albums that are made up of both MP3s and AACs? For example, Apple matched all but three songs, and I’d like Roon to highlight that album for me.

If I am understanding what you want choose Multiple Audio Formats from the inspector section. That might do what you require combined with filters for AAC and MP3.

I just tried it and it works.

Maybe I’m misunderstanding the suggestion then. I’m looking to do a few things:

• list albums exclusively in FLAC (super easy to do; select FLAC)
  • list albums exclusively in MP3 (easy to do with the recommendation to use ‘-’ to deselect AAC)
  • list albums exclusively in AAC (easy to do with the recommendation to use ‘-’ to deselect MP3)
  • list albums that are a mix of AAC and MP3 (unsure how to do this)

Thank you for your help and suggestions.

FWIW: I found the “Multiple Audio Formats” option in the Inspector and I’ve answered my question. Thank you @CrystalGipsy for your help