Focus doesn't work playing (unplayed music) when using shuffle play

I have a Bookmark with some filters and since the last update this week I cannot play a bookmark
with the - played filter in focus.

When I press the shuffle button I have the error : Roon Radio nothing similar to play. The list has 24 songs. If I removed the " - played" filter then I have 500 tracks and if I press the shuffle button it works.

So it seem that when we use a bookmark using the " - played button" as filter in Focus the shuffle play does not work.

But if I dont use the shuffle mode and I press the play button on the first track of the queue it will play the music

Hi @SylvainP,

I just gave this a try and it seems to be working on my end. Can you share some screenshots of what you’re seeing (or a video if possible)?

Since experiencing this issue have you tried rebooting?

I have other bookmark and they work but this one doesn't and I can't find why.

And if I press play on the first song of the playlist it's start to play. but at the end of the song it doesn't play the next track.

I reboot my PC and same results

Thanks for the details, @SylvainP.

I think the next step here is to enable some diagnostics on your account so our technical staff can get some more insight into what’s going on here.

However, before I enable this feature, I’d like to ask for your help ensuring we gather the right information.

First, can you please reproduce the issue once more and note the time at which the error occurs. Then respond here with that time, and I’ll make sure we review the diagnostics related to that timestamp.

Hi, I just did it today at around 3:50 PM (eastern standard time)

Thank you

Hi Sylvain,

I’ve noticed in your screenshot that, other than Cirque de Soleil, all the other tracks are Banned. What may happen (although I’m not positive) is that when you select Shuffle, if the first track Roon selects is Banned, it may stop playback.

You might want to either:

1. Changed the Banned albums or tracks to Not Banned or
  2. Add another Focus (make it -) for Banned, so it only selects non Banned tracks.

The Banned tracks wouldn’t play anyway.

Cheers, Greg

Well now my list is narrow down because I played manually these songs to mark them as played.

Now I only have 4 songs in the list and none of them have any rating and still have the same issue.

Can you post a screenshot of the list with 4 tracks?

I finally decide to reset my library because when I use the Focus their was some composer not in the list for selection in Focus filter under composer.

ex: Jean-Michel-Jarre

Strange because when I create that bookmark a few weeks ago I could select this composer and now it’ not available anymore in the focus filter under composer.

So I decide to rescan my library and start over to see if it will fix the glitches.

At the moment I only have a bit over 5000 titles.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.