Focus & Edit features on Android

I don’t seem to have the ability to edit / delete or use Focus on my Android phone nor Android 8 tablet with 8.4" screen.
Has anyone figured out how to use these features?
TKS, Jay

Hey @Jay_Kaufman – right now our mobile interface has a reduced feature set compared to the “full” interface we display on tablet and desktop, and neither Focus nor editing features are included.

Most tablets will display the full interface (with both pieces of functionality) but that will depend on the resolution and scale factor the device uses. Some smaller tablets don’t present enough resolution for us to display the full interface, and in those cases you’ll see the phone interface there as well.

With regards to Focus, note that you can always save a bookmark on the desktop or tablet version of Roon, which will make the Focus you set up available for browsing on devices that run our mobile app.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Mike, I recently bought Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4" / 2560 x 1600, 2K high-res display and can live without some functionality, but there is no scroll bar. I’ll have to buy yet another tablet if Roon won’t be supporting scroll. Any idea?

Thanks very much, Jay

Hey Mike, can you please email the apk for the tablet version of your app?
Clearly Roon is seeing my tablet as phone is all I can think of.
Thanks,
Jay

The Android tablet version and the phone version is the same apk. The screen size, scale, and ratio are what determines whether Roon presents the device the phone or tablet UI.

I don’t see how this makes sense: I had Samsung S2 scroll/all features worked - how can it be same APK and not work with Huawei?

Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4" - 2560 x 1600
Samsung S2 - 9.7” 2048x1536
Thanks

This is literally the 4th thing I’ve googled to find that “It doesn’t work”

So you have this amazing core product but the worse UI ever.

I cannot use the UI on Linux via desktop app or browser, where I sit daily. So I am force to use my phone, that is bad enough.

Then I come to generate some kind of hi-res dynamic smart playlist, to find here that I cannot do it AT ALL

SORT IT OUT ROON