Focus for mobile App

I do like the Focus App, but it only works on the desktop. It would be nice, if the Focus function would also work on the mobie App, as I am using my mobile phone to control Roon in my living room.

2 Likes

Agree, the integration has gone too far. We need the option to sort library from tidal, source of files and resolution of playback. I started to store hirez on usb and use the player demon on my bdp3 in stead. I really hate that since I used to love roon. The love is fading…

Roon are redoing the UI, no delivery date, to give the same experience across all device types.

Danny roon COO

[Jul '17]

Next major UI release is going to primarily vertical scrolled, with full functionality on phones.

I can’t give any schedules or details, but I’m positive all of you will be happy with the result.

This new UI is as far from current Roon as Roon 1.0 was from iTunes!
Point 6
Danny again

This project is part of a much larger effort to unify phone w/ tablet/desktop functionality and also make Roon “mobile” ready, as opposed to just a remote for your home.

It will take a lot of time. It is our most ambitious project

After getting annoyed about the lack of the “Focus” functionality on mobile a couple of times already, I’ve finally figured out a work-around that works for me: Set up your search / filter on desktop, then save it as a “bookmark”:

The bookmarked items are then available from the mobile app. I still can’t create new filters from mobile, but that’s okay for me.

There are a bunch of things I wish worked from phone - editing would be terrible, but if it’s the device at hand I wish I could make that choice. Sounds like the Roon team is headed in that direction, which would be great. It is actually bizarrely to me one of my major pet peeves the limitations on phone (almost all of which I agree make sense - the experience would be worse… but I still want it!)