Focus: How do I filter by a specific year?

Perhaps a minor question given the current 1.8 tidal wave of comments… but something I used a lot seems to have completely vanished, and I’m sure there must still be a way to do this:

I want to filter and view all albums released on a specific year. Say, ‘1991’.

In the Focus menu, the release date column only allows me to choose decades. What am I doing wrong?

Use the „view more“ button. Then you have the functionality you used to have in version 1.7.

1 Like

Select the view more then adjust the sliders in the bar graph for just the year you want…

I have no ‘view more’ button! A bug perhaps?

You beat me to it…lol

Seems like yes on the bug… I’d report to support.

1 Like

Ok, Thanks for the help guys.

Another user had the same issue and found that you need to have albums in your library with a span more than 6 years.
I.e. if you have a 2021 album, you need to have an album from 2014 or earlier in order tovsee the View more button
Dirk
(Sorry but notime to find back the exact topic just now)
Dirk

1 Like

I have albums from the 1960’s onwards, and then every single year from 1990 -2021. So I don’t think that’s the answer for me.

I am having this exact same issue. I don’t a have View More option either. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Okay, I figured it out. You just need one more decade or so of music in your library and it’ll then show the View More option. Kind of a weird deal, but it’ll work. It looks like from your screenshot you have the 70s-2020s. Add in something from the 60s and it should pop up for you.

@support Ive got this bug as well, could you please mark it for fixing?

Don’t have the “view more” button either. Also : I don’t have the 1960s (and I have albums from that period in my library).

Thanks for this tip, I’ll just amend the date of a random release and rescan my library to see if this resolves it.

After checking my library, I do already have albums from the 60’s, recognised by Roon as released in the 60s (the date appears at the top of the album page). Yet despite this, I do not have a shortcut to the 60’s decade in my Focus menu. Frustrating!

Ah, that is frustrating! In my library, it seemed you just needed to have enough decades available to fill up the column and that would trigger the “View More” section. But I think 60s-2020s should be enough to do that. Hopefully @support can assist with this as it should be an available option to us no matter how many decades of music we prefer

Same problem here. I have several albums from the 60’s but no 1960’s category and no “view more” button.

Same problem here even with the last update. Please fix it.

any update on this?

Does anyone have 2020s in the bar graph section?

I have the years 2020 and 2021 but to narrow it I have to click on 2010 and then adjust the slider over to the 2020s.