Focus with LUFS/ LU Dynamic Range

Hi all,

We’ve got a substantial selection of music on our server for demonstration and I’m not too knowledgeable about certain genres of music. As much as I endorse playing familiar music with clients sometimes they need a little guidance to demonstrate the dynamic range that systems can perform to. Would this be achievable? Considering that Roon can already display LU, it shouldn’t be too difficult to integrate.

Many thanks!

Would Library - Tracks - Focus on Genre - sort by dynamic range (there’s blue downarrow at the very right, turn on the DR option if it isn’t on) do the trick in your use case ?

2 Likes

I hadn’t noticed that within the library navigation, very helpful thank you!

1 Like

+1 to this. Seems like dynamic range is only available when browsing the library as “tracks,” being able to browse albums sorted by dynamic range would seem to be more useful. Many times a track will have a dynamic range of 20+, but it’s album will be <10. Still unable to find albums with high DR scores.

+1 as well. I see you can at least sort by Track, but I’m more interested (just for fun) in album dynamic range. Roon computes it, but doesn’t expose it (other than on the album screen itself) or enable you to Focus on it or sort via it. At least, unless I’m missing something.

Thanks,

Vog