Focusrite 2i4 scarlett dac on roon win10_32bit core wont play. Scrolls tracks to end of playlist

My Hi, Focusrite 2i4 scarlett USB dac on roon win10_32bit PC wont play. iIt just scrolls quickly through the tracks on my playlist local NAS and Tidal.

Focusrite DAC is recognized by Roon and enabeled but no sound and rapid track scrolling.

DAC works fine with windows media player.

Any suggestion on how to get this working?

Hey @Craig_Schneiders,

Welcome to Roon :wave:

I am sorry my welcome comes 11 days too late and that your first post is actually because of an issue. We’d love to help.

Could you please share a screenshot of Audio → Setup as well as your Zone picker (expanded - you can access it in the footer when clicking on the device selected as a playback zone)?

Thanks in advance :pray:

Hello @Craig_Schneiders,

To add onto @beka’s request, are you using the ASIO driver for the device?

I suggest trying the “System Output” zone and the WASAPI zone for the device if ASIO isn’t working correctly.

-John

1 Like

I’m having the same issue with my Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen, connected to my iMac (running Big Sur). When the Scarlett is the destination, Roon just zips through the playlist without playing anything. If I select System Output as the destination, then playback is normal (although only “high quality,” as opposed to lossless).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.