Follow up to recently closed topic - Roon loses network connection

And latest drop at about 10:36 on 01/09/21 at Book of Love by the Monotones

By the way, Iā€™m still suspicious the issue is with Linux on the SonicTransporter (which houses the Roon core) and not the router or ispā€¦given the occurrence with other Linux problems at the same time of onset. The infinite scanning was fixed with a subsequent Linux update, but not the random dropsā€¦

Things are good enough to use Roon with the USB ssd drive (havenā€™t done an extended test in a while but play fairly stable now) but I wonder if anything turned up on the log and time stamps from a few weeks ago? Thanks

Hello @Lawrence_Klein, my apologies it looks like Iā€™m having an issue getting diagnostics from your account. Could you please use the directions found here and send us over a set of logs using a shared Dropbox link.

I will hold off for the moment while testing longer play periods. I think things are adequate with the direct USB ssd database. If I can reproduce the drops sufficiently to be concerning again, I will try the logs again. Thank youā€¦

Just sent a log. Not sure I did it correctly via Dropbox link.

Hereā€™s the snapshot time stamp

This playlist dropped after a few hours.

Hello @Lawrence_Klein, and thanks for the update! My apologies, but I donā€™t see the Dropbox link, could you please post it here? Thanks!

Letā€™s see if this works better. Thank you!

Hello @Lawrence_Klein, I can see the link now, thanks! But it looks like only one of the logs. Are you able to upload the rest?

Sorry, donā€™t know how. Thatā€™s is all I see at the Roon Log tab on the SonicTransporterā€¦

Hello @Lawrence_Klein, and thanks for double-checking! 've sent this information over to our QA team for further review.

Hello @Lawrence_Klein, and thanks for your patience while our QA team reviewed your information. Could you please make a backup of your database and start a fresh temporary database and let me know if the issues still occur?

Yes I could try that but this is after starting a whole new database on a USB driveā€¦would you still want me to try this again? Thanks

Lawrence,

I too am having problems with my sonic transporter i9. Constant connects and reconnects to the point that it is unusable. Did you ever resolve your problems? If so, how?

Sorry for the late reply. I donā€™t think we ever were able to figure out the problem but it was solved by no longer using any NAS and getting a dedicated USB drive for the Sonic Transport. There were still occasional problems but not bad but even these completely went away with the latest major Roon updates.

It started with a previous software upgrade that was partially fixed with a second upgrade. But all is great now with the above changes to my system. I just renewed my subscriptionā€¦

Hope that helps!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.