Unexpected Error: Limiting Roon Radio to Library (2019-08-00)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Pro; Mojave (10.14.6). Roon 1.6 Build 416

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Eero (problem happens when iMac is set to wifi, doesn’t happen with ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Oppo BDP 205, connected to Eero via ethernet

Description Of Issue

Since updating to new Mac OS, Roon displays message “Unexpected Error: Limiting Roon Radio to Library.” It only happens when the iMac is set to wi-fi; it doesn’t happen when it is set to ethernet. I assume this is an issue with the new Mac OS but I’m letting you know.

Hi @Michael_Bush,

Do you by any chance have any firewalls blocking Roon while on a WiFi connection on the Core?

I would double check to make sure that both Roon and RAATServer have been added as exceptions to the Mac firewall by using these instructions.

Does this issue only occur on the Oppo zone or do other zones display similar behavior (for example “System Output”)?

Thanks for the reply. I don’t have any firewalls turned on. I usually only use the Oppo endpoints (two of them) but I will see if it also happens on my other ones.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Roon Radio doesn’t start

Hi @Michael_Bush,

What are you starting Roon Radio off of, does the same issue happen across multiple types of genres and albums? Can I please ask you to note the exact local time and date in your country of the next failure on WiFi? E.g. 9:45PM on 8/8/19?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.