Server has 2x10G network adapter
Ubiquiti network

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LSII (wireless)
Denon 4500 receiver (wired)

Number of Tracks in Library

30k+ tracks

Description of Issue

My server has 2 network adapters, both 10G. They are on different subnets to each other. The ROON server binds to one but I want to force it to bind to the other. The one it’s binding doesn’t have any of my audio devices and I suspect this is causing the problems I’m having in not being able to consistently stream music.

How can I force it to bind to a specific adapter?

I found this Microsoft link to techniques to bind applications to specific NICs:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Windows/en-US/41aa51db-5728-4395-9765-24c0a5b9d2e6/how-to-force-specific-network-adapter-for-specific-program-only-and-all-other-program-using-other?forum=win10itpronetworking

Don’t know if it will help.

I also moved this to Tinkering as this is a special configuration.

As far as I can tell, Roon binds itself to all available networks. Even your post seems to implicate that:

If it wasn’t bound to the other adapter too, then there would just not be any streaming at all.

1 Like

I had a similar question several years ago. I seem to remember @danny telling me how to do it.

I never did and now I can’t find the post. Maybe he has the answer.

In the past I used the Roon ROCK connected to two different Ethernet networks and had no problems. One network was for Internet access and one for audio devices.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.