Server has 2x10G network adapter
Ubiquiti network

Connected Audio Devices

KEF LSII (wireless)
Denon 4500 receiver (wired)

Number of Tracks in Library

30k+ tracks

Description of Issue

My server has 2 network adapters, both 10G. They are on different subnets to each other. The ROON server binds to one but I want to force it to bind to the other. The one it’s binding doesn’t have any of my audio devices and I suspect this is causing the problems I’m having in not being able to consistently stream music.

How can I force it to bind to a specific adapter?

I found this Microsoft link to techniques to bind applications to specific NICs:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/Windows/en-US/41aa51db-5728-4395-9765-24c0a5b9d2e6/how-to-force-specific-network-adapter-for-specific-program-only-and-all-other-program-using-other?forum=win10itpronetworking

Don’t know if it will help.

I also moved this to Tinkering as this is a special configuration.

As far as I can tell, Roon binds itself to all available networks. Even your post seems to implicate that:

If it wasn’t bound to the other adapter too, then there would just not be any streaming at all.

1 Like

I had a similar question several years ago. I seem to remember @danny telling me how to do it.

I never did and now I can’t find the post. Maybe he has the answer.

In the past I used the Roon ROCK connected to two different Ethernet networks and had no problems. One network was for Internet access and one for audio devices.