Forcing Roon on Mac to connect via Wifi

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nucleus+ 1.6 (416) 64 bit

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

google mesh

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

usb

Description Of Issue

Not an issue so much as a question / feature request: is it possible to configure Roon on Mac to chose the Wifi connection to connect to the Nucleus+? I ask because I have the Nucleus on a different subnet on a wifi network, and the mac on a fixed-wired ethernet connection (I work in pro audio with lots of heavy files and want to maximize my connection speed on the desktop).

Of course, the workaround is simple enough, I either unplug the cable or reorder network service order to favor wifi - but I wondered, out of sheer laziness, if there was a way of telling Roon to always look for Nucleus on the wifi’s subnet.

In the meantime, loving the setup.
Thanks!

I think you can drag the wifi connection up to the top in the network pref pane to increase its priority. As for binding Roon to a specific network interface, I don’t think this is possible.

I’ve just reread your question, if your work and wifi networks are on different subsets, OS X should automatically steer traffic one way or the other.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the instant feedback, which I only saw now! Yes, that’s what I do, alter the network priority when connecting to Roon. But I noticed I would use it more, also for quick searches / lookups, which are faster directly with Tidal or even youtube since I don’t have to open my network settings… It’s not a major complaint of course, but I wondered if it might be possible (or a future feature) to route the Roon remote app’s traffic through a specific network, by say specifying the subnet to search for the Core. I also don’t think it’s possible, but I wanted to ask.

Thanks,
John