Formation Bass not working with Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Nuc7 i7bnh Roon Optimized Core Kit 1.7 build 537

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired network Cisco RV325 router. NetGear Orbi wireless mesh

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bowers & Wilkins Formation Wedge and Formation Bass (a bunch of other endpoints but they are all fine.) Connected over a wired Ethernet connection, but may also have wi-Fi information from setup using iPhone.

Description Of Issue

If I AirPlay from my phone, computer or iPad or if I connect via Bluetooth everything works. If I stream from my Roon core to the “Kitchen” group (Wedge and Bass) created on the Bowers Home app, sound only comes from the Wedge. And the sound that comes out sounds as though the bass is being sent to the Bass, but the Bass is not playing it. The bass is all but non-existent. If I unpair the Formation Bass and just play to the Wedge, there is more bass. Clearly the connection from the Wedge to the Bass exists and works for AirPlay and Bluetooth, but not Roon. Any ideas why?

I’ll call B&W when they open tomorrow, but I was hoping this would work.

Hi @Richard_Luciano,

Please do let us know what B&W says regarding this issue. As far as we’re aware, this should kind of setup work with the Bass output as well.

They had me reset everything, unplug everything, re-setup the Wedge, re-setup the Bass. Unplug both. Plug the Bass in first wait about a minute and plug in the Wedge. Since then it has been flawless streaming.

1 Like

That’s fantastic news @Richard_Luciano, thanks for letting us know the issue is resolved!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.