Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

Not Dogs then, i suppose… :wink:

2 Likes

Actually the whole album. She did have a look around for the pigs at one point!!

2 Likes

My dogs go mad when dogs is playing.
Definitely worse with the 2018 remix in surround sound :see_no_evil:

It’s an album I often play after midnight, but I have had to stop playing it so late recently

2 Likes

Since you mentioned this…how do you listen to the remix in surround? Do you own the BluRay? I’m semi-curious about it though the 2018 remix in stereo didn’t get me to switch from the alternatives. Some things are just sacred :slight_smile:

Semi embarrassed to admit that I bought the 2018 remix as the Blue-Ray version which has the original mix in 24/96 PCM and the 2018 mix in PCM and DTS HD (Uncompressed Master and normal DTS) and then I bought the CD as well when it went on sale on Amazon. I also bought the 2020 high resolution 24/96 when it came out and also own an old 320KB mp3 version from the early 2000s. So a bit of an embarrasment of riches. I really like this album and my dogs never really had an issue with it until the 2018 mix came along :wink:

I have the Blue-Ray ripped to my Plex library, but I would like a way to play it from Roon to my Sonos ARC HT setup as it sounds sublime through Plex but additional effort is required to listen.

That, sir, is a lot of Animals.

I don’t fault you a bit for your collection - Pink Floyd is, well, Pink Floyd. The only rips I have at present are the 2011 remasters, which I ripped into FLAC when they were released. I’ve never heard any of it in anything other than stereo. I’m wondering now about buying the BluRay I don’t think my surround system will do it justice. I might. Nice to know you’re a serious fan and collector, though!

1 Like

Strangely I don’t consider myself a serious fan :joy_cat:
I don’t have a large colle of multi channel music and most of it is concerts I have bought over the year’s.

But I have The Beatles Abbey Road Blue-ray (including Atmos) which is amazing and Animals which is equally amazing. I am on the lookout for more high quality multi channel music for the future that has been especially mixed for this.

I am 99% a stereo person which is why I have a HT and stereo system in my living room, much to my wife’s consternation :flushed:

2 Likes

2:20AM and if this rolled-in furball finally gets up I might leave the couch for the bed. Stopped wondering who is in charge here long ago …

24 Likes

:heart_eyes_cat:

23 Likes

29 Likes

Cold front

15 Likes

Here also!

19 Likes

Even here in NE Florida its going to be brutal(for Florida) dropping to low twenties tonight.
And we are going to the Zoo Lights at Jacksonville Zoo tonight, be wrapping up tonight!

3 Likes

Yep, we’re in for a shock here in Va as well. Today started in the mid 50s (Fahrenheit) and will end in the mid teens. :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

1 Like

Only going to be 85 (29c) here today for Xmas Eve…

Anyway, hope you all enjoy the next few days and a break/holiday if you are having one. Look after all the wonderful pets.

Pic is a few years old but still cute….

24 Likes

Very cute Ferg :+1:t2:

1 Like

Happy, peaceful and relaxed holidays to all hoomans and critters :santa: :smirk_cat:

21 Likes

Taken a few years back in the local neighbourhood…

21 Likes

This is Minky, named after Mr Minky, a character in a storybook my kids loved when they were little. He’s a rescue from the SPCA in Singapore. We moved back to Hong Kong after we had him for two years. He’s sitting on my lap because he feels the chill of a Hong Kong “winter”, not because he’s affectionate! He’s still pretty independent after surviving on the Singapore streets before we picked him up, but he’s a creature of habit and we love his many foibles. Wouldn’t be without him.

25 Likes

Here’s my two lovely pets recreating the Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen album cover.

16 Likes