Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

More of him chilling out with his little sister (she’s only 10kg…)

24 Likes

I usually play: Don’t take another ■■■■ on my floor, or else!

1 Like

He’s such a handsome beast!

Thank you.

1 Like

always around 24-34C here in balmy Singapore

I prefer cooler except when on holiday but I guess we get used to ambient temperatures rapidly.

A very sad day…

Chico, one of the rescued dogs passed away peacefully in his sleep last night.

He hopefully had a good year in our care.
Rip Chico, you deserve it old guy!

31 Likes

Oh. Sorry man. I am sure the year with you was the highlight of his life.

1 Like

Oh Kevin…I am so sorry to read this…it crushes me when I/we lose an animal…when my experiences have lead to put down an animal my late wife use to take them in to the Vet I and I just sit in the car balling my eyes out because I cannot watch then pass.

My condolences to Chico! RIP!

1 Like

OMG, that is so sad, and I am so sorry but very proud of you insuring that he had a great quality of life for his final year. He looks very cute. He will always live in your heart.

2 Likes

Thank you for all the kind words.
The vet said his little heart finally gave out, he had been on heart meds for a few years.
At least it was a relatively peaceful way to go.

3 Likes

Condolences. It’s always hard, but I like to think of the good life we bring these dogs and cats, particularly in later life. We have a rescue Chihuahua, maybe 8 when we got her about 2 years ago. She’s on heart meds among other things, but she’s a tough old lady and runs our household, including 2 cats and another dog.

2 Likes

Really sorry for your loss. Hope you can focus on the memories you have of him. Taking care of rescues tells me he for sure had the best care for his old days.

1 Like

In the Ricky Gervais series, After Life, the ending is an existential reference that we are here for a short time and are replaced so that it is imperative that we savor the lives we have. In interview, he said that one of his favorite characters in the series is his wife’s dog, Brandy. In outtakes, you can see them being silly together.

We have lost many dogs and cats. They all hold a special place. I had one, however, who will never be replaced in my heart/mind. In his case, he was extremely simple minded, vulnerable, silly, misdirected and, I have mentioned before, that every day when he saw me, it was clear that he did not recall me from the day before. He took to, and would leave with, anyone at any time. His ending was based upon his poor comprehension which made him vulnerable.

“After 20 years, he still grieves” - Jerry Jeff Walker, from Mr. Bojangles.

3 Likes

RIP Chico. So sorry to hear that, @AceRimmer. Best of luck in coming days/weeks.

1 Like

Am also sorry to hear that @AceRimmer, lost a few pets over the years and it’s never easy fella.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this Kevin - I’m sure little Chico enjoyed his time with you.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Kevin. At least you gave him a good year.

1 Like

Sorry hear this news Kevin, you’ve given him a loving home & comfortable life in his old age.
:cry:

1 Like

Thank you for what you did for him. I’m so sorry for your loss. Losing pets hits in a special and horrible way :pensive:

1 Like

As a friend once said to me about love and loss when talking about his old dog that passed: “There are no free rides on the love-train.”

Loss is devastating. It still stings after over 20 years since I had to take my ginger tom, TC, on that one way trip to the vet. I know that there are more episodes coming with my current 3 charges, but we’ll dust ourselves off everytime and go rescue another. As @7NoteScale says, paraphrasing, they can’t be replaced or forgotten. This is our burden as compassionate souls to the vulnerable.

@AceRimmer - I feel for you. Hope the household heals. Vale Chico.

Maybe I’ll just sit here for a bit longer and sacrifice my chore list for a bit more time to reflect on it with this self-centred, obnoxious, shouty, demanding, food-motivated companion of mine :heart:

8 Likes