Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

In similar news: ”A bodybuilder who wed his sex doll has revealed she has tragically been broken just before Christmas.

He says it has ruined their plans for a first Christmas together as a married couple.

Yuri Tolochko, from Kazakhstan, now faces a tense wait to see if all of her bits can be repaired back to good working order in time for the festive day.”

1 Like

Thats 2 legged and even that’s a stretch :wink:

1 Like

I enjoy the back and forth with crazy felines as well!! Here are our two boys playing Hide & Seek with each other as they plan their sinister attacks on the household…

9 Likes

18 Likes

Nice capture. I assume that was a ‘proper’ camera with a wide aperture lens (f/1.4 or f/1.8?) Or maybe a short telephoto f/2 or f/2.8? I’m a sucker for shallow DoF portraits that capture eyes and just enough beyond to really draw the viewer into the frame.

2 Likes

I wish. It is an iPhone 13 Pro from one of my cat-rescuing daughters.
I need to trade for one. I did see a cool barn cat who does not want to come home with us. It’s a shame. We are very cool.

1 Like

Damn!

I need to look up the specs on the iPhone 13 camera. As an ex pro 'tog it looks to me like a proper fast lens capture. None of the distortion of short focal lengths normally seen on smartphones with a very shallow DoF that looks very natural.

EDIT: Ah, I’ve just noticed the ends of the whiskers are blurred/missing, so there’s some fancy image processing AI going on there. Looks very convincing otherwise though

2 Likes

This (one of my brother’s cats) was taken with the outstanding (and insanely good value) Nikkor 35mm f 1.8:

15 Likes

So now I’m going to have to break out my old Canon EOS to take cat pictures??
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

6 Likes

Canon is rapidly moving away from DSLR, a difficult sell when people are using their phones for lesser quality.

One of my daughters which I have (too often) mentioned is a photographer (paytonadams.com) and sold her first photo at 14. She now works as a product photographer for a company.

She shoots for fun, rarely uses her Canon in recent years and now has an iPhone 13 Pro Max.

This is her this week in Beirut.

I began shooting in my pre-teen years and then in my 20s, bought a Nikon from a guy back from Vietnam, published a bunch of things, and later sold all my gear, darkroom gear and now shoot with an iPhone 13 mini (which is not a good thing). I may trade for an iPhone 13 Pro.

But if we continue this, we really need a photography thread so we do not clog up this one.

7 Likes

Same cat (and lens), different pose!

20 Likes

I can make it happen if enough interest…

1 Like

Ooh, I’d have to dig into my photo archives. I’ve had some seriously nice glass over the years.

Finally settled on 3 X D800s when I shot weddings/events. Had a Sigma 500 f/4.5, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 Sport, Nikon 300 f/2.8 VR, Nikon 200 f/2 VR :yum:, Nikon 105 f/1.4 :yum:, Sigma 85 f/1.4, Nikon 85 f/1.8, Nikon 58 f/1.4 (superb ‘bokeh’), Nikon 28 f/1.8, Nikon 20 f/1.8, Sigma 105 f/2.8 macro, Nikon 70-200 f/2.8, Nikon 24-70 f/2.8, Nikon 14-24 f/2.8 and various other Sigma/Tokina/Nikon DX lenses.

1 Like

I’m for keeping the photo and pets threads together. I’m expecting you all to raise your snap quality game…

1 Like

Maybe I need to buy a new full-frame DSLR and a 200 f/2 again!

24 Likes

What a face!

1 Like

Yeah, he’s super-cute (and KNOWS it) and has an affinity for the ladies of the 2-legged variety!

Were I single, 20 years younger and much better looking, he’d be my route to an endless list of young ladies’ phone numbers! :rofl:

2 Likes

What a cutie!

1 Like

Looks like someone made a photo corner for peeps to share and talk about gear.

Thanks to @PixelPopper

2 Likes

Stan!

Love that face.

1 Like