Four-legged acoustical treatments (Post your critters! :) ) [2018-2022]

Oh, man. Sorry to hear. Thanks for giving him a decent final year.

This thread gives, and it certainly takes away. :pensive:

Like many of the good, animal-loving folk on here, you have a revolving door on the front of your house. That call will come again, the call of the helpless who are in need. Doubtless you will answer once more. The world needs people like you.

2 Likes

Sorry to hearā€¦ :anguished:

1 Like

May I ask what breed is the dog! We have a dog very similar, who was born in Adak Alaska, but

do no know her mixed breed.
Thank you, Sam

Add images

[Uploading: 9E0CF31D-9996-49F2-9D48-D4CD0DF5136B.jpeg...]()
12 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry. Losing our little bundles of love is difficult. :cry:

1 Like

Canā€™t press the like button when it is such a sad time. Sorry to hear.

1 Like

Peace and love.

1 Like

Sympathies are with you. You do a wonderful thing for these animals.

1 Like

I am so sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Oh, no! sorry to hear this news. From reading your ā€œpet historyā€ I am sure that Dino had a great and good time with you. :pensive:

3 Likes

Very sorry to hear this, itā€™s very sad news.

1 Like

<<<<<Dino!>>>>>

1 Like

Thank you for all your kind words.
Dino just went to be cremated this morning and will scatter ashes with Chico ashes at the family graves.

Although Sheba didnā€™t really get to know him well, she knows something is wrong.
She is nuzzling around his bed and blankets where he lay.
Today she is definitely sad along with us.

11 Likes

So sorry to hear this - but Dino had a safe and loving home to live in for the time he was with you.

2 Likes

Bummer. So sorry for your loss. RIP Dino.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss.

1 Like

Dino looked happy and cared for, sorry to hear about his passing.

1 Like

Not really a pet and too small to do any good at absorption or diffusion. Found him face down in my pool and wrote him off for dead. When I scooped him out bubbles started to come out of his nose and he was kicking his back leg. Stay tuned thereā€™s a happy ending.

Dried him off a bit, yes heā€™s a he. Found him a Place in the Sun perched high above our detached garage so no predators find an easy lunch. Seems touch and go early on but Iā€™m now convinced heā€™s going to survive

About 2.5-3 hours later looking good

31 Likes

Really nice to read a story where life triumphs over death.
You are a good man indeed!
Cute looking little guy too.

A few months back I found a possum in our pool pathetically trying to crawl out.
I helped him out but sadly he didnā€™t make it.

3 Likes

I was surprised to read online, hey if itā€™s on the internet it has to be true, that if they are the size of a chipmunk or bigger they are meant to be on their own and if you try and take care of them youā€™ll do more harm than good.

So Iā€™m just drying him off, giving him a comfortable Place in the Sun where I donā€™t think harm can come to him. This evening Iā€™ll take him down the stairs, the rest is up to him.

My dog is very curious and canā€™t wait to smell my hands every time I come back from checking on him.

4 Likes

Yours is a Cutie!

Bo was born in a state that starts with an A but Alabama, not Alaska. He was a rescue, we donā€™t know anything about his mom or dad. He had a long journey to Maryland. Based on personality and looking at a lot of pictures we suspected some sort of terrier mix. Curiosity got the better of us and we did a DNA test. Who knew that even existed? We got ā€œconnectedā€ with online matches much like the human ancestry sites. Some of the dogs looked amazingly like our Bo.

Iā€™ve got the exact percentages around here somewhere but from memory there were 6 main breeds.

• Bull Terrier - according to DNA company 99% of mix breeds have some
  • Boxer (as he has gotten older you can really see the boxer in his legs and chest)
  • Germain Shepheard (he looks black but has a lot of brownish under tones like a GS)
  • Staffordshire Terrier - Google them totally looks like him
  • Husky - I donā€™t see any of that
    ANDā€¦
    Super Mutt, what? Super mut is a a thing? Well they said so and he is a Super, Mutt. There is also a breed defined as Mexican Street Dogā€¦ours has none, Ole!

We also found out that he is 3% wolf. Which is VERY high. DNA company said 1% is considered high and all dogs have some wolf in them.

Probably not the wisest things we have spent money on, but fun to see his online relatives and learned a thing or two about super mutt and wolf-stuff.

Hope this helps!

Forgot to mention - one of the online relatives looked just like ours, but with the head that was a spitting image of a German Shepheard.

1 Like