Four or more artists linked to one profile

FWIW

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Artist issue, not album issue

There’s at least 4 different artists represented in this discography. The Overview and Compositions page are consistent with Poe (Anne Danielewski) which are the first and third album shown.

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

I don’t think so.

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Qobuz and Tidal. No local files.

Screenshot of import settings

N/A

Description of the issue

I color coded the different artists. I think all the yellows are the same. Hard to listen to long enough to tell.

Roon is terrible at this. You’ll likely also find some of them make appearances on one another’s albums. Once Roon has made these associations it’s very difficult to sustainably undo, even if you split them manually. Add a new album by a namesake and you’re back at square one.

By now one would think Roon, would make better use of the metadata it has to improve its decision making where namesakes are concerned. If it’s not sure it should put affected albums into a user workflow rather than make stupid decisions.

I don’t blame Roon for the mistake. They’re taking info from other places and trying to sort it out. Something like this is going to happen.

I do wish they would fix the problems once reported though. Or even let users fix it and incorporate those fixes back into the main metadata. Sure, users are going to make mistakes but clearly so does Roon. Wikipedia manages. This is a problem that’s been solved.