Frank Zappa is gone

I too have discovered that Frank Zappa has disappeared as an independent entity in my library. I have made no changes or merges. There is an artist The Mothers of Invention which somehow is credited as guitar player on some Zappa albums long, long after the Mothers disbanded. That won’t require a simple name change as the biographical content for “The Mothers of Invention” is not that of Zappa the person.
Changing Metadata preferences to Roon rather than file does not improve it (for albums already in the Roon library)

Nor does changing import settings to Roon from File for new imports. The new “The Grand Wazoo” imported as “The Mothers of Invention,” rather than Zappa.

Whatever is going on behind the scenes with Roon’s new sources of data, it has managed to obliterate Frank Zappa, and needs to be fixed.

It seems unlikely, especially if its something you do not do very often (if at all), but have you tried to see if Frank Zappa has been merged with The Mothers of Invention? You can get there by:

Settings → Library → Un-Merge Artists → View → Filter Artists → type “mothers” or “zappa” and unmerge if you get a hit.

Just to add this happened to me too. I checked out merged artists and there it was so unmerged. I did not merge FZ and mother of invention so not sure what happened.

@support, is there is a pattern of users reporting merged artists, they do not believe they merged? It is of course possible that they are mistaken. They have forgotten or accidently merged the artists, for example, but it really should be investigated a little deeper I think.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.