Free trial on more than one computer

This is more of a business related question than user question but I did not find a direct customer service link

It is my understanding that one needs to purchase roon for each computer on which one intends to use it. I intend to use it on a Mac mini desktop that holds a music collection of over 2TB on an external drive and a Mac laptop with only 256GB of SSD storage and upon which I frequently put on and take off music files. On both I am using iTunes. Neither is a current model. The desktop is from 2009 and the laptop is from 2011. i am concerned that the hardware may not be robust enough to seamlessly use the program and also obtain excellent sound quality from. Therefore. I would like to try roon out on both before purchasing for either. Is this possible?

Much thanks for the assistance.

You could use the laptop as a remote connecting with your mini over your wifi and only have to buy one license. You can set up Roon to look for more than one library also. You’d only need to buy two Roon licenses if you wanted to use your mini and laptop in separate locations on different networks.

And that is what I intend to do; laptop on the road and desktop at home.

Technically, you can, but you can only test one or the other, not both at the same time. You can set one up as the Core and when you are done testing, demote it to a remote and promote the other as the Core. Going forward, if you only needed one to be active at any time, you could promote your laptop when you are traveling and the demote your laptop and promote your desktop while at home. Each “Core” would have it’s own data stores and stored information, as the Roon core is local to hardware and is not stored in the web.

I do not need to do so at same time; I just want to try it on both computers. I hope someone who works for roon will answer this; however, the Core and remote idea is potentially feasible.

[quote=“auee1977, post:1, topic:2928”]
I would like to try Roon out on both before purchasing for either. Is this possible?[/quote]Yes, like this …

[quote=“Rugby, post:4, topic:2928”]… you can, but you can only test one or the other, not both at the same time. You can set one up as the Core and when you are done testing, demote it to a remote and promote the other as the Core.
[/quote]This works fine, go try Roon.

This works fine, go try Roon.

Indeed it does. Have fun :smile: