Freezes when connection with NAS is lost

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Roon
Mac Mini as Roon Bridge
Synology DS415+

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Prismsound Orpheus

Description Of Issue

Roon freezes when iMac and NAS lose connection.
I can’t kill Roon and restart it.
and I can’t shut down my Mac.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Is this happening when the iMac loses network connection, the NAS storage loses network connection, or does it not matter?

How is the network connection being lost? Is it being disconnected manually or is the networking going down on its own?

Hi.
happy holiday! Japan is also cold.

Probably happens when the main router crashes.
Since iMac and NAS are going through it, it is a big trouble in LAN.

The network will recover automatically, but Roon probably freezes due to the effect and cannot restart, nor can the iMac restart. It is the impression that I could not catch the error.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Just to clarify, your Roon Core is your iMac? When this issue occurs, your Roon Core freezes and does not respond as well? What exactly are you seeing? Perhaps you could record a short video of the behavior?

Hi.

That’s right. Roon Core is moving on iMac.
And when the network is disconnected, it stops responding.
I usually run Roon Bridge on Mac mini. Also try to shoot video while Roon is running.

Hi @Tomonori_Katou,

Please do send the video when possible. I would also check to make sure Roon is allowed past any firewalls you may have, you can use these instructions from Apple to do so. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.