Frequent Core Restarts/Lost connections after 1.8 build 884

thanks so much for the replies. I have a new stick of RAM ordered and should be able to install it this weekend. fingers crossed

As recommended I have doubled my RAM to 16GB by the addition of a second simm.

Everything seems stable. I got a successful manual backup and have used the system for a few hours without a restart.

I will continue to monitor the system closely for a couple of days and post back if the situation changes but the extra RAM seems to be helping.

JC

2 Likes

Good to hear.
Hopefully it continues in the same vein and you can get back to just enjoying your music.

1 Like

After installing the new RAM (for a total of 16gb) things seem much much better. So far, even with some very basic stress testing, I have had zero core restarts. Now it is time to just listen. Thanks for all the help.

3 Likes

I am happy to report that my system has been very stable since the RAM upgrade. It has been up continuously for over 2 days.

I have now listening t music without the concerns of the technology.

Thank you to Roon’s technical support for spotting the cause and to all the contributors for their comments.

JC

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.