Frequent disconnects from Audio zone or streaming service

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

MacBook Pro 2015 Running Catalina 10.15.7 (19H114) 8 Gb RAM/Roon 1.7 build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wifi/TP link extender RE220 - latest firmware

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Bluesound Node 2i via Coax to a Chord Mojo

Frequent disconnects and/or error messages like “Tidal (or Qobuz) is loading slowly. This may indicate a networking or connectivity issue.” Also very common issue is Roon suddenly disconnects from my main audio zone leaving only my system output (Macbook speakers) available. Sometimes it does reconnect after 10-20 seconds, but more often, it does not, but will reconnect after restarting Roon.
Roon often skips to the next track, instead of restarting the same track when having connection issues. No issues at all when using either the Tidal or Bluesound app. Similar issues when streaming a low bitrate radio station.

On a 3 month trial for Roon, love the service/app (when it works)

Simon

4 posts were split to a new topic: ELAC Performance Issues

I read some troubleshooting tips on this site and realized my all-wireless setup is less than ideal, especially being on a range extender. Ran a network cable between my MacBook core and the streamer, haven’t had a drop out all day. Hope it was that easy. Regarding having to sign in several times a day Gerard, I had issues where Qobuz would’t take my log in, narrowed it down to my VPN, haven’t had any log in issues after turning it off. Tidal had no problem with my VPN, go figure.

1 Like

Hi @Simon_Runge,

Thanks for the update here and for letting us know that connecting via Ethernet + disabling the VPN resolved the issues on your end! If you still have further difficulties, please just let us know and we can take another look!

Hi Noris. I have of teeny issue: I was poking around with the different icons available for my audio zone displayed at the bottom right, and ever since then, the icon is stuck to a pair of headphones. Yes, I did check out the different Audeeze DSP filters. It’s set correctly everywhere I’ve looked. I’ve tried restarting Roon and rebooting, no change. Any ideas, short of reinstalling? - Update: I removed the Audeeze filters from the DSP page, even though they were disabled, and voila, everything is back to normal! Nice Node 2i icon displayed.

Add images

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.