Frequent drop outs

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Zenith mk3 1tb (192.168.1.125)
Roon version 1.8 (build 764)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Zenith hard wired by Ethernet to Fidelizer etherstream hub in turn wired to internet through ZYXEL VMG3925-B10B WIRELESS ROUTER B45. The etherstream routes the stream via Ethernet to an ambre bridge endpoint then on to a mark levinson dac/amp.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

As above.

Description Of Issue

The digital stream begins to break down with intermittent initial breaks in audio then stops and recommences the next track sometimes fully stopping. This problem increases over a relatively short time particularly with other digital traffic on the network such as surfing through the music library , just browsing. I also think that other network traffic such as laptop internet traffic exacerbates the problem but believe the core issue is ‘the core’ on the innuos as once the innuos is restarted it’s ok for a while. As if there’s a cache issue.
Tiresome doesn’t even begin to describe my annoyance. Please help. I’ve just ordered another router to be dedicated to the audio/zenith/ambre but doubt that’ll sort it.

I came to the forum for a similar issue. Issue on two of my endpoints. Audio stutters, usually then stops. Next song starts. Same behavior, sometimes not. A bit erratic but all in all for me Roon is currently not usable. Sounds familiar?

My Roon Core is on Linux and was running fine up until the last update. Subsystems are having it easy so it is not a computer performance issue that’s for sure.

Also I cannot use grouping the two endpoints. Which was fine before. If I group the two one doesn’t play at all or sometimes both aren’t. Not to mention the stuttering and skipping.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.