Frequent pauses and "Waiting for your Roon Core" and "Uh oh, something's not right" messages

Roon Core Machine

MacBook Pro Retina 13" (late 2013)
2.4 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
macOS Big Sur 11.6.5
Connection to Router: via Ethernet, manually assigned IP

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Router:
RT-AC86U (3.0.0.4.384_45713_koolshare)

Library stored on NAS:
Model: DS416Play
CPU: INTEL Celeron N3060
RAM: 8192 MB
Connection to Router: via Ethernet, static IP

Connected Audio Devices

Six Sonos devices divided into three zones:
Zone #1 comprised of:
1 Beam (Gen 1)
1 Sub
2 One SL speakers, one of which is connected to the router via Ethernet with manually assigned IP

Zone #2 comprised of:
1 S1 speaker

Zone #3 comprised of:
1 S1 speaker
All Sonos devices except the aforementioned S1 speaker are connected to the router via Wi-Fi with manually assigned IPs.

Various personal digital devices including:
iPhone, iPad, laptops etc, connected to the router via Wi-Fi with DHCP IPs.

Number of Tracks in Library

~40,000 tracks

Description of Issue

It’s been several weeks now. I get frequent pauses during playback and “Waiting for your Roon Core” followed by “Uh oh, something’s not right” messages. Rebooting the router and the Core sometimes helps, with inconsistent results, and even when it does, the issue comes back fairly soon (usually before I could finish one album). Browsing this forum has provided limited clues.

Note: Rant Below

I know electronics and network aren’t the most consistent technology mankind has invented, and the setup of the system I have at home is far from the golden standard. I have always enjoyed Roon’s UI and library management features, but this issue is in the way of the very basic purpose Roon is built to serve - play music, without interruptions! This is so annoying and it makes Roon one of the most unreliable products/services I have paid for at this price range. The level of annoyance is second (?) only to that of the IRS.

1 Like

Does Roon play without hitch on the MacBook?

I have never tried that. Will test.

1 Like

Hey @Hao_Wu,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, it’s great to see you again! I’m sorry to hear of your recent issues with playback pausing.

1. Are you only experiencing this issue when using your Macbook Pro as a remote? Or does it happen when using your iPhone or iPad as well?
  2. As @Martin_Webster asked, I’m curious to see if you run into playback issues when playing audio directly from the system output of your Macbook?

If possible, could you provide a few timestamps the next time this happens? That way, our team can take a deeper look into your account to see what exactly is happening when the dropout occurs.

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

3 posts were split to a new topic: “Waiting for your Roon Core” with frequent pauses

Please open a new #support thread following the instructions in this post–one OP per thread. Thanks.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Frequent Pauses with Recent Roon Build 988

@rcrawley and @Clement_Le_Barbencho, if you would like your problems to have visibility, please open your own #support thread as described in the following post. Roon prefer one original poster per thread, so they can track the topic.

1 Like

Hey @Hao_Wu,

I wanted to check in on this thread, and see if you were still experiencing issues?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.