Fresh install of ROCK early access

Hi-

If I have a NUC and I want to do a fresh install of ROCK and put it on early access, is the only way to do this to install ROCK the normal way and then following the Updating RoonOS (Nucleus / ROCK) cores to earlyaccess link in the Early Access Program Instructions? For some reason I thought that there was a way to do a fresh install of early access ROCK, but perhaps I was getting confused from when there was an early access version of RoonOS…

Thanks,
John

Hi, there is, go to the early access help pages and there is a link to the Rock os (early access).

That’s what I intended to do, but on the Early Access Program Instructions linked above, there’s only a link to a .bin file that is used to move a production ROCK install to an early access ROCK install. I was wondering if it’s possible to skip the intermediate step. But maybe I’m looking at the wrong page.

Thanks,
John

I’ll have another look tonight when I’m home, but I’m sure a did a fresh install. My apologies if I have muddied the water if I am mistaken.

1 Like

@AMP wondering if I have this right, since you’ve played point on communicating how a alot of the different versions & tools have bene rolled out and where to find things. Thanks.

It’s best to download and install the production image and then migrate to earlyaccess. Due to the way that RoonOS works the end result is exactly the same as an install directly from an earlyaccess image.

Having said that, there is no need nor reason to install the earlyaccess version of RoonOS. The production version is where you want to be at this point. I’m not sure when we’ll cut another testing build and its highly likely that the next release or two will bypass early access testing and ship directly to production.

Sorry, maybe I didn’t explain myself well… there’s no earlyaccess ROCK install (regardless of RoonOS version)? In other words, the only way to do a fresh install and get on earlyaccess is to do a production ROCK install, and then follow the “how to get your ROCK onto earlyaccess” instructions?

Thanks,
John