Frozen Scan [Resolved]

Hi @David_Doerfer ----- Thank you for your patience here while our team has been looking into this “freezing” behavior for you. Very appreciated!

I touched base with our tech team today to get an update on your issue and the team has notified me that they are still having a hard time pinning down the cause of these freezes you are experiencing. In light of this, the the team has asked if you could please provide some additional log sets using the same procedure as before, but slightly adjusted. Please see below.

Please perform the following three times:

• Launch Roon using the command line flag mentioned in my previous post.

Flag: -storagetrace

• Once the application has been launched please wait for the issue to occur (i.e hanging on “scan”) and note the time.

• When the issue has been reproduced and the has time noted…please gather and upload your logs following the directions found here.

The idea behind having you send us three sets of logs is try to identify any commonalities in the traces when the issue is occurring. As mentioned earlier, the team has been struggling to find the exact cause of these hangups you are getting during the scanning process and our hope is that having this additional information will help guide us to an answer.

-Eric

Hi Eric

Thanks for your continued efforts with this issue. Happy to try this, but as the scan seems to hang on the second scan it is difficult for me to capture the time. Usually works for hours and then I see the spinning circle in the top right hand corner sometime later. I’ll try to see how I go.

Thanks, David D

Thanks for getting back to me @David_Doerfer! I would worry less about recording the “time” as our primary goal should be to capture the error in the log traces. I will be on the look out for your follow up!

-Eric

Hi Eric,
Here is set 1 of the Logs - both for Roon and RAAT:

Here is what happened. Start Roon at about 8.50am. Scans through fully on startup. There are currently 43337 Tracks Imported but the scan goes past that all the way up to approx 52000 files. At about 33000 files (where it freezes on the second scan through) the ‘Adding Music To Library’ messages briefly kicks in and does some processing before going back to ‘Complete’. Scan continues and stops and all is good. I left at about 9.14am and Roon was sitting happily. On my return at about 1pm Roon had the old spinning circle and the scan shows it stuck at 33000 files approx. Again - Roon is still responsive and works.

I’ll send the next two sets of Logs as I make them.

Thanks, David D.

Great! Thanks for this @David_Doerfer! Confirming that the first set of logs have been received!

-Eric

Hi Eric, here are Logs 2 and 3. Thanks!

1 Like

Perfect @David_Doerfer, thank you so much! And just to clarify :innocent: all of these logs were gathered via the provided command line flag and were sent once the you noticed the scanning process had gotten stuck, correct?

-Eric

Correct. Thanks Eric. Regards, David D.

1 Like

Excellent :sunglasses: Again, many thanks @David_Doerfer!

-Eric

Hi @David_Doerfer ----- Many thanks for your patience while the team has been looking into this issue for you. Just wanted to let you know that I have provided you an updated in a PM.

-Eric

Thanks Eric. I’m away for a week or so but will get onto this on my return. Thanks for your continued support! David D.

1 Like

Hi Eric,
Success! Thanks for your perseverance. Once iTunes Playlists are disabled the scan no longer freezes. I think I will recreate -simply by copying across - these playlists in Roon and that will sort the issue for me. Thanks again.
David D.