Frozen screen on my Android Galaxy S5

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 ( SM-G900F) running Android 6.0.1

I have a frozen screen that is unable to do anything.

This problem has appeared yesterday Feb 22nd

I have re-installed Roon-remote, I have restarted Roon Core, … with no results.

Thanks giving me back how to fix this problem

Francois Schapira
[Moderator edit : Personal details removed]

Hi @Francois_SCHAPIRA,

Our team is currently investigating this issue and we are hoping you can provide the following information:

• Can you describe your Core and networking setup?
  • Is there any change if you reboot the Galaxy?
  • Are other remote devices working okay?

Thanks!

Same issue with the S5, works with other devices just fine.

Thanks, @Al_Landau — The team is looking into this and I’ll be sure to update you as soon as we have more details.

Tanks for tour answer.
I have reboot the Galaxy S5 with no effectivement.
My roon-core is a Zotac computer running Unix.
All other device are okay iPhone 6S, ipad.
Best regards.

Hi all, I am Francois’s son. I’ve convinced him to start using Roon. :wink:

I built his Core on a Zotac mini PC (silent) under Fedora Linux.
Nothing out of the ordinary as far as network goes: strait forward internet router (WAN / LAN) with Wifi.

Michael.

PS: We don’t live in the same country nore timezone.

Hi @Michael_Schapira and @Francois_SCHAPIRA,

I appreciate the details here. Our team is investigating this issue and we will be sure to update you as soon as we have more information.

Thanks!

If you need I can send you a picture of my S5 frozen screen.

Greetings Dylan

I have had a variation on this since Version 1.7 (build 521) came through. Not Freezing per se, but specifically with albums with no associated artwork and when using an Android tablet as the remote.

Core: ROCK, Version 1.0 (build 183) and ROON Version 1.7 (build 521) on NUC8i7BEH, 8GB ram, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSD (250GB), Samsung 860 QVO SSD (1TB) as internal storage for the Library.

Ethernet cable from NUC to router (TP-LINK TD-VG5612).

Then wifi to ROON Remotes on an hp laptop (Windows 10), and a Samsung Galaxy TAB A (SM-T515 with Android version 9) both ROON Version 1.7 (build 521).

On the Tablet: All’s good until I select an album with no artwork (no graphic in the folder, plus nothing assigned by ROON) - but just showing ROON’s generic greyscale polygonic graphic in the place of any associated artwork.

Select one of these albums on the tablet and the app shuts down, sometimes immediately, sometimes a moment after showing “waiting for remote core”.

Hit the ‘III’ button on the tablet’s home screen and ROON is still there minimised as if it is still running. Select it again and the same shutdown/re-minimisation happens again. Close it and reopen - no change. Reboot tablet - no change. Re-install ROON Remote app - no change, and the tablet app is essentially unusable.

The only way to recover the app on the tablet is to remove the offending album from the watched library folder in the NUC by using the laptop over the network. Then re-start the tablet app and it loads showing the selected album as “not found”, at which point I’m up and running again.

ROON Remote on the laptop is unaffected by this thankfully, or I’d be stuffed.

And there’s more. Find a jpeg for the offending album - add it - and re-insert the album into the watched library folder on the NUC and it’s then selectable on the tablet and the app doesn’t crash.

Hope this is vaguely clear and that it’s of use.
Cheers
Hugh

And I’ve just found that all I have to do is shift a jpeg into the offending album folder in the watched library folder in the NUC, force a re-scan (from the laptop), and the android app comes back to life.

Cheers
Hugh

Hi @humungie,

Thank you for the additional report. We are still investigating this issue, and we have made progress today. For a status update, please see the following post:

We appreciate everyone’s patience while we complete our investigation.

Hello,

We’ve released a new update, Roon 1.7 Build 528, which contains improvements that we believe will help with the issues you are experiencing here. Please see our release notes below:

Thanks,
The Team At Roon Labs

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.