Frustrations continue with roon-tidal-qobuz interface!

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

CORE:
DESKTOP COMPUTER
WINDOWS 10 PRO
I3-GEN4-3MHZ
8GB RAM
256GB SSD

REMOTES:
LENOVA LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 10 home
IPHONE 7PLUS

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

SPECTRUM INTERNET MINIMUM 100MB

ALL ETHERNET

MODEM - MOTOROLA #E31U2V1

ROUTER - ASKEY #RAC2V1K

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

DEVICE #1 - CARY DSM 500 NETWORK PLAYER/DAC - ETHERNET

DEVICE #2 - RASPBERRY PI3b RUNNING RIOPEEE/PROJECT S2DIGITAL DAC - ETHERNET/USB

Description Of Issue

QOBUZ AND TIDAL BOTH WILL PLAY SOME TRACKS BUT THEN WILL START SKIPPING THRU TRACKS RANDOMLY AND FREEZING AT TIMES. ONLY HAPPENS WHITH ROON INTEGRATION!!! IF STREAMING SERVICE IS OPERATED WITHOUT ROON INTEGRATION THERE ISN’T AN ISSUE! ROUTER/MODEM HAVE BEEN RESET MULTIPLE TIMES, SERVICES LOGGED IN AND OUT OF, SERVICES UNINSTALLED AND REINSTALLED, ALL HARDWARE’S FIRMWARE UP TO DATE, ALL HARDWARE RESET, CORE MONITORING DONE ON PERFORMANCE (SE PICS). PLEASE ASSIST

Hi @Marc

Does this same behavior occur for all endpoints? What if you play to System Output of the Core?

If you go to Settings > Services and lower the TIDAL/Qobuz streaming quality to the lowest setting (just as a test) is there any change?

Hello Dylan and thankyou for the a acknowledgment. This does occur at both endpoints. The only time that it doesn’t occur is when Im playing either of the services on they’re own without the integration of Roon. I just completely deleted all services and Roon as well and reinstalled Roon and Services. Still occurring. I have no way to play out of the core as my computer hasn’t any sound device.

I guess that I could attach usb cable then dac to computer then stereo to test core output?

I’ve decided to disable Qobuz in Roon right now and just focus on Tidal service for testing things. Well I’ve been playing tidal since this morning - about 6 hrs now and not one glitch. Ive played all different sized files as well and haven’t had an issue. So Im going to say the problem is when I try to integrate Qobuz. I will test all of tomorrow with Qobuz and report back. Initially I said it was pointing to Qobuz integration but thats when I had both integrated. I welcome any support on this thankyou.

Hello again Sir. Ive spent most of the evening of Saturday (all night) and all of Sunday morning analyzing what is going on here. I believe that I may have found the issue. I think I have narrowed the problem down to the 3rd port on the router. This is when things act up and The symptoms described surface especially with higher resolution streams. I now have three different endpoints and all three exhibited the poor performance while connected to this port. I will report back later today after I replace the router and thoroughly test it out. Again thanks for all the support on this. This is mt second attempt to integrate Roon into my system over the last 3 years. I hope this is the issue…

Hello again Sir. I can confirm that replacing the router and Modem has finally cured any issues that were going on. Everything is spot on now. Nothing glitching. Super fast browsing as well. Thanks again for all your support. Now it looks like I’ll be definitely continuing with a membership, most probably a lifetime.

1 Like

And as happens very often in these cases it turns out to be an internet issue and not Roon itself.

Glad it worked out for you eventually.
As a bonus in this situation everything else in your house on internet should be better as well.

1 Like

Yes definitely and thankfully in my area the Internet company swaps out equipment easily when requested. Just a quick visit to the store. The hard part was identifying the problem. Now, reflecting on this it seems that this has been a problem for quite some time now. It’s really nice to have every click the way that it’s intended to lol.

1 Like

That’s great to hear.
I wish AT&T was quite as responsive in my area.
When I identified a problem with my modem I had to threaten them with changing providers before they reluctantly sent out a tech.
Who took one look at my modem and said it was at least 3 models behind the latest they supply and just replaced it instantly and confirmed everything was now up to speed( literally!).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.