FS: Intel NUC i7, 8GB RAM in a HD Plex fanless case [WITHDRAWN]

Hi there,

I am selling my Roon Rock Core in a fanless case on ebay and I thought it might be useful for anyone looking to run Roon ROCK https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203793264243.

UK Only.

Here is the blurb for info -

Intel NUC i7 in a HD Plex fanless case. Please see the full specs below.

• NUC7i7BNB - £415.99 new*
  • Crucial 2x4gb 2133 DDR4 ram - £87.59 new*
  • HDPLEX H1 V3 Fanless chasis - [link removed by eBay] - £208 new*
  • Western Digital WDS250G2B0B WD Blue 3D NAND Internal SSD M.2 SATA, 250 GB - £35 new*

I have used this as my Roon ([link removed by eBay]) ROCK music core (music playback software) ([link removed by eBay]) for a few years but I have recently upgraded to a separate Ubuntu Server and so I don’t need this now hence I am selling.

I purchased the NUC and installed it in the metal HD Plex case ([link removed by eBay]), and it has then sat in my hifi rack working silently for the last few years. I have had a USB drive attached previously (there is even space in the case) connected over my Ethernet network.

When running as the Roon core I used a Samsung 960 evo SSD (not in this sale) which I moved to my Ubuntu server and when deciding to sell I this unit I installed a Western Digital Blue 250GB SSD I was not using. I have installed Roon ROCK already (you will still need your own account and subscription obviously), but you could consider a faster NVME in the future.

I have had windows 10 installed on this machine previously, and Linux mint and Ubuntu desktop, so lots of options however you would need to provide your own software.

I have tried to get as many photos as possible, please note one of the rubber inserts on one of the feet on the bottom of the device seems to have fallen off, you can see in the photo of the bottom. The unit outside is in pretty good condition as you can see from the photos.

*I do not have the original power supply, however I purchased a replacement and you can see in the photos. *

I will pack the unit well, the box the HD Plex came in is too small, it is flatpacked, but I will find something suitable. The postage is via Royal Mail special delivery with appropriate insurance.

Hi, is this still for sale? Cheers, Mick.

hi @Mick_Callanan - thanks for your interest. I have the unit on my desk and was running a check and I can hear a noise as it boots up which I am not happy with, I think its the cheap SSD, but can’t be sure. I have just ordered another and will swap out to see if that improves things. That is why I have pulled from ebay this morning. Should be hear in a few days and I will report back.

Thanks for getting back to me. Let me know how it goes, thanks.

I think I am going to hang onto to this for a while, so @moderators could you close or delete this thread please? Thank you.

Thanks for your interest @Mick_Callanan