FS: Matrix Element I - Roon Ready DAC / Streamer with airplay

This is a great little DAC / streamer / headphone amp. A proper Roon capable DSD streamer, a multi input DAC and a gutsy headphone amp capable of driving harder to drive headphones.

It can be used fixed into another amp or can be used as a preamp itself with a fully digital volume control.

has single ended and balanced outputs. The Roon connectivity is snappy, responsive and very consistent. It also has airplay compatibility that works well and a remote control.

Check out the reviews a plenty, but this dac measures 100% neutral, even across the board and has class leading signal to noise. Frankly If like me, you believe all well made dacs sound the same then this is probably end game material. It sounds perfect. Detailed, smooth, clean, powerful and with gorgeous imaging and soundstage.

I bought this second hand, and when it arrived the wireless was kaput and the unit wasn’t in quite as good condition as I would have liked. However I agreed some discount as I believed I could fix the unit down the line.

The issue is the little pads the wireless antenna attached too had been ruined at some point. I subsequently had this repaired and it is functional now.
Boxed, all remote and instructions etc

these are £1100 new. I ended up getting this unit for £700.

here, I’m asking £600 and for that, I’ll include UK postage.

1 Like

withdrawn. I decided to get it repaired, and also compared it against a few other DAC’s and frankly this was the best value of any of them. Was only bettered by the CAD 1543, and thats a £9500 DAC!

right, a replacement is in place now. So this is back up for sale and reduced to £600 inclusive of UK postage

I will change the title to a full for sale header then in light of these changes.

1 Like

Thanks Ace!

Bump for this. And a drop to £500 posted in UK.

As low as I’ll go before I throw it on eBay, and a bargain for a DAC this good!