Just had a weird problem.
I have some CDs with the (wonderful) pianist Henri Barda. The first I had was him as an artist on a few tracks of a Various Artists album. He did not get an Artists Page in the Artist Browser for that.
Then I added two where he was Album Artist. He got an Artists Page in the Artist Browser because of that.
Problem is, the two instances of Henri Barda aren’t the same, and because the first is only him as an “Appearance” it doesn’t appear in the Browser and so can’t be merged.
Is there a trick to merge them or does one have to go to the painful hoops I just went through to fix this: apply both names to all tracks in question, change artist name (to “Wrong”) then delete again all the credits for “Wrong”…