Funny Valence album suggestions

Apparently I should listen to Sad Classical Music :joy:

3 Likes

Whilst looking at a sad puppy. Double downer.

1 Like

You think thatā€™s bad? If I ever find out who the hell produced an algorithm that thought I would listen to this, things could get messy!

2 Likes

I canā€™t believe that there is nothing released in the last 30 days (apart from the Stones) that I might be particularly interested in. (sorted by relevance)

Iā€™m a bit tired of seeing Colorado and Western Stars at the top since 1.7 released.

.sjb

:dizzy_face: OMG! What world do we live in!?

FWIWā€¦ Started with Camp Claude and Valence is taking me through an amazing rollercoaster of things completely unknown to me that I am LOVING!!!

1 Like

Almost all of my NRFY are Classical, so Iā€™m happy. However, that Rod Stewart album got snuck in somehow, so I instantly dismissed it from the listā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m enjoying the suggested albums most of which i wouldnā€™t have come across by myself.

1 Like

Iā€™ve also got Colorado at the top since a week or soā€¦ :zipper_mouth_face:

Apart from Guided by Voices I have exactly the same recommendations.

I found some nice tracks in the singles recommendations though.

Suggested ALBUMS? How?

Navigate to an artist and youā€™ll have the recommendations listed above the artistā€™s album list. Like nah, you didnā€™t really come here for this artist, did you nowā€¦here, this is what you actually came here for isnā€™t it.

2 Likes

I also love the suggested albums when viewing albums in my library!

For a week or so, it seemed to be getting to grips with my tastes, after the ubiquitous Celine Dion starting point. But now I am being recommended the Robbie Williams AND Kacey Musgraves Christmas albums! Plus a load of classical. I never listen to classical music (or Christmas albums).

I see both of those albums in Roon too. I have never before listened to, navigated to, or in any way shown an interest in either of them, or in any other Robbie Williams material. That raises the ugly idea that Roon has a commercially driven reason for pushing music at us, and it seems to me that this would be the only reason we both see the same two highly commercial albums in Roon. Not the Tidal or Qobuz apps, just Roon.

1 Like

@ChrisSU and @Philip_Kent this topic was about ā€œFunny Valence album suggestionsā€¦ā€ :wink:

You should create an issue in the support section.

1 Like

Itā€™s not often I can afford to be smug nowadays with either my children or technology but thankfully Valence sometimes allows me to be.

Such a wonderful recommendation from a live Pixies album, the 1970 England World Cup squad!

.sjb

3 Likes