GATO 450S and 192 khz

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 home 64 bits
Intel core I7-4790K @4.00GHz
RAM 16GB
Roon 1.7 Build 610

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

LAN with a Synology RT2600AC router
Music in on the lan on a Synology DS218+

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
GATO 450S NPM

Description Of Issue

Bonjour,
I have a problem with HIRES 192 khz 24 bits when it is played on a Roon ready Gato 450S NPM.
Each time I pause the music or at the end of the musical piece, 6 seconds later when the “Signal path” icon disappears I hear a big crack in the speakers.
I have no filter activated in Roon.

When I play the same music HIRES with BubbleUpnP and LMS, no problem at all.
I am still in the free trial period, and this behavior with the Gato is annoying.
I will send also a message to Gato and see if they have any idea.
Cheers
Claude

Hello @Claude_Troncy, and thanks for your report! Could you please post a screenshot of your signal path? Do you hear these pops with any other output from Roon or from other resolutions?

Bonjour,

Capture

Everything above 96kHz (176.4 and 192) induce a crackle when the piece of music is paused or at the end. One strange thing is that on the first pause everything is ok but all next one provoke the crackle. This happens when the "Signal Path" disappear. It looks like at this time Roon is sending something to the amp which leads to the crackle.

Have a nice week end
Claude

Hello @Claude_Troncy, are you noticing this on other endpoints of system output?

Hello @nuwriy
So as I had a rasperry with DIY DAC, I installed Ropieee, and connected it to the GATO Analogic input.
This endpoint has no problem, and the behavior I have described doesn’t appear.
Can you explain what is sent to the GATO through Ethernet when the “Signal Path” goes away.
I have contacted GATO, it seems that they never heard about this problem.
Cheers
Claude

Hello @Claude_Troncy, so when the track ends, Roon sends digital silence for a few seconds to your device until Roon releases the device. So the sound you’re hearing is likely the device being released by Roon. Have you spoken to Gato about this issue as well?

Hi @nuwriy,
Gato is investigating the problem as it seems that another client have exatcly the same behavior.
Cheers
Claude

1 Like

Hello @Claude_Troncy, thanks for the update! Please keep us updated.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.