Genesis (the British band) confused

Hmmm, theres something not right here. I am a big Genesis-fan and have most of their recordings. But when i Search in Roon for Genesis, and select the first hit this is what i get:

These albums have not been manually organized (yet) but it seems strange to confuse the British Genesis with their American 60-s namesake?

You could say they’re a “Band of Confusion”. :wink:

I’m not sure how you’re searching for Genesis. When I search for Genesis I get this screen:

Haha! Excellent!, didn’t see that one coming! :smiley:

I think it has got something to do with the fact that i have a couple of Genesis (UK) albums that are unidentified.
My search result looks like this:

And when clicking on the first Genesis “pad” it takes me to the bio page of Genesis (US)…
The funny thing is, if i scroll down on page displayed in this post, there are a multitude of Genesis (UK) albums displayed under local library, but under Tidal albums there are a couple of Genesis (US) displayed?!?!!!

There’s probably a credit somewhere pointing to the wrong Genesis.

I would start identifying your Genesis albums, which should connect them to the right band. Then it should be easier to track down what in your collection is making Roon think you’re a fan of the California band.

If you can find the erroneous credit (or if you’re completely stuck) let us know and we can take another look.