Genre missing after add to Library from Qobuz

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,

Thank you for your diagram.

While I still don’t understand why I can’t use Qobuz’s own metadata. At least I can use the “Use Roon’s genre”.

Simply put, it is because Roon’s metadata builds on what Qobuz provides to give a much richer experience (via its metadata model) - and that is one of the selling points of Roon.

Here’s an example: the “Interstellar” soundtrack album. Here is what the Qobuz app tells me about the first track on the album:

I also happen to have purchased this album from Qobuz, and here is the file metadata for that track in the downloaded album:

And here is Roon’s metadata for the same track once it has been imported into my Roon Library:

Hi @Geoff_Coupe,

This is file based, right? I think I got those from songkong as one of my ritual steps for file based albums. I am completely happy with those file based metadata.

I think roon is still the best at showing the metadata and have shift a lot of my views to follow roon’s.

• My first screenshot is showing what Qobuz tells me is the metadata for the streamed version of the track.
  • My second screenshot shows me the file-based metadata that is in the track when purchased and then downloaded as a file.
  • My third screenshot shows what Roon says about the track, irrespective of whether it is a local file in my library or being streamed from Qobuz.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.