Getting info from PC to DAC

Yes, ultraRendu and microRendu are both ARM based, but the boards are designed from scratch. They’re not modifying a stock board — the *Rendu’s are both purpose built to be audio renderers (as is the SOtM offering, AFAIK). That’s different (at least to me) from an RPi-, Odroid-, Cubox-, or whatever- based solution. That’s not to say that some of those aren’t very good values. I already have an SOSE, and I’m pretty certain I’m going to spring for an Allo DigiOne Player real soon now. But I don’t think it’s fair to imply that either of the *Rendu’s is just an Odroid or Raspberry Pi in a fancy case.

No, they’re not the same. mRendu and SMS-200 have the super duper, extra special sauce. :wink:
I stand with Archimago on this one.

Streamers in particular, and add-ons in general, are an overpriced superstition.

I guess I’d better load up on really long USB cables.

I looked at your profile. At least you know where to spend most of your money.:sunglasses:

Thanks, I guess. My component-selection process might be a bit more rational than you’d expect. :upside_down_face:

Sorry, didn’t mean that as a snark. I think sometimes people buy all the doodads before the important basics, but anyone with Wilson speakers is more dedicated and knowledgeable about audio than I.

Probably a little off topic, but I see you have a Wyred4 pre-amp. What do you think of their monoblocks and their DAC?

I’m window shopping for my listening room.

A post was split to a new topic: Wyred4 - What do you think of their monoblocks and their DAC?