Getting message to upgrade to 1.7 Build 571. Is this safe?

I also see there is a Build 610? How should I proceed. I heard there nay have been some problems with the Nucleus bricking after one of the updates?

" Yes, itā€™s safe , itā€™s very safe , itā€™s so safe you wouldnā€™t believe it."
ā€“ Babe (Marathon Man 1976)

5 Likes

My Nucleus didnā€™t ā€œbrickā€, but I had to reinstall app on iPad(s) to find the core.

1 Like

There was a problem in about 0.5% of ROCK units (Nucleus included) that ā€˜brickedā€™ with the original new release of RoonOS. There is now a subsequent release of RoonOS that is fine. Should be no issues there.
Havenā€™t seen any significant issues with Roon build 610.

1 Like

Iā€™ve had trouble with Roon Remote on my iPad. It works for a bit, then crashes when I return to it from another app - I just get the Roon logo flashing, then zap its all gone. Rebooting the iPad doesnā€™t fix it, nor does rebooting Roon Core on my pc. Downloading Roon Remote again from the App Store gets it working again. It happened half a dozen times in an hour. This time itā€™s lasted longer - I avoided changing the number of albums displayed and showing the Qobuz/Live etc icons. Ie I did the barest minimum of changing settings. Fingers crossed. Will investigate more tomorrow.

hahahahahaā€¦ My N+ broke when I updated to 571, then for the next update it was smoothā€¦ :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, if it breaks you will need a wired keyboard with USB. :slight_smile: