Getting "There was an error checking for Update" message after server being updated to 2.0 build 1167

Roon Core Machine

Mac mini late 2014, MacOS Catalina, 2.8 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 8GB memory, 500GB flash storage

Description of Issue

After server being updated to 2.0 build 1167, I’m getting "“There was an error checking for Update” message (from Roon’s “about core” page)

I see that the update to build 1167 involves an update to database. I did not see any error messages from the update.

The error message does not go away even after I rebooted the Roon core and updated Roon Remote apps to the latest release.

Not sure why all of a sudden I’m seeing “There was an error checking for Update” message.

Same here.

This is intentional as there was an error in the 1167 builds and we want to limit its impact. We’ll turn the update server back on shortly with a new build.

1 Like

Should probably push a more specific message then like “latest update has been pulled, please standby”.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.